Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I have your daughter"

Ok, so after Burger King today and the whole boys messing with Christian ordeal, I went over to Prarie Life Fitness for a tour and to sign up for a membership.

While I was signing the final paper, I noticed it was about 3 pm when my phone rang. It was our neighbor across the street. She doesn't usually call, so I answered it.

Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hello
Neighbor: Hi Charla, how are you?
Me: Good, how are you?
N: good, did you get my message?
Me: No.
N:Oh ok, I just wanted to let you know that I have your daughter.
Me: What? My daughter....oh no, I forgot Megan!!!
N: She's safe over here at my house. I watched her get off the bus and walk home, but I noticed that your door wasn't open like usual, so after I saw her not able to get in, I went over and got her. She's been hanging out at my house for the last half an hour.
Me: Oh no, I'm so sorry! Is she crying at all?
N: No, I think I went over there before she had time to panic.
Me; Ok, I 'm heading home, is she ok there for a little bit yet?
N: Yes, no problem, she's fine. She's watching me pull weeds in the backyard.
Me: Ok, I'll be there shortly! Thank you so much!
N: No problem, we've all forgotten our kids in the past, so it's not a big deal!
Me: ok, bye.

I got home about 20 minutes later and Megan was just hanging out in their driveway! Thank you!

Here's the thing, every Wednesday, Megan gets out of school at 2 and is home about 2:25. I always try to stay home on Wednesday afternoons, but today, it was last minute plans and I totally forgot about her! Luckily, we have gone over a plan with her incase I do forget or can't get home in time, but luckily our neighbor saw her and took care of her. For that, I am thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment