Tuesday, May 17, 2011

10 on Tuesday

Ok, so I had a blog started about boys vs. girls that I accidently deleted, so we're doing a new one!

1. Millard Public Schools decided last night that our kids do not go to school enough (ok, they just really want more money from the feds), but they decided to add a 1/2 an hour onto the elementary school day next year. They will go 8:30-3:45! They added 15 minutes at the beginning of school and 15 minutes at the end.

2. They were also soooo thoughtful (insert sarcasm) and decided that it cost too much to run all the elementary school buses for kids who lived less than a mile from school, so guess what? No more bus for Megan next year!

3. I am NOT thrilled that I will have to have her to school by 8:20 in the morning next year. Not at all. I LOVE the bus, I was definitely spoiled. Now I can join the rest of civilization who really has to play taxi driver every morning and night.

4. Not only will I have to drop Megan off at school by 8:20, I need to drop Courtney off at 8:50 for preschool. Her preschool is 6 blocks away. Really, what am I going to do for a half an hour between schools???

5. I am sooo tempted to pull Megan out of school and homeschool her. I miss seeing her! Now with her going an extra 2 1/2 hours a week, that will be even more (but really, she rides the bus for that amount of time a week, so it might not be any different).

6. Matt and I have done some research into homeschooling and he says it is up to me. I am on the fence, in some ways, I can see all the advantages (more 1 on 1, spend more time on subjects, teach Megan the way she learns), but I can also see disadvantages (pulling her out when she's already experienced it, taking her away from her favorite classes and teachers, taking her to all her different classes around town and paying for it). It is definitely something to think about.

7. Ok, off my school soapbox. How about this summer? We are considering getting a gym membership. It's just as much as we were going to spend on semi-private swimming lessons for the girls, plus the gym has an outdoor pool that we could swim at every day for no extra charge (compared to $10-$12 a day it would take to get us 4 into a public pool). So between lessons and free swimming, it might be work it. Oh wait, they also have childcare, so I could go workout all by myself if I wanted to!! Again, something to think about.

8. Love this weather!

9. I got Christian's birthday invites ordered, they pretty cute! I can't wait to get them out, I think we're going to go all out for his birthday. We're going to have a "dump truck" theme. Of course, we need to celebrate our anniversary too!

10. Friday is Olympic Day at Megan's school. It is an all-day event with opening and closing ceremonies and 20 different activity stations. It is fun, yet exhausting at the same time.
On top of that, we have rehearsal for her dance recital that night and recital on Saturday. Busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment