Friday, September 4, 2015

Thoughts on This Week.

I have tried to post about four times about the new windows that came this week. I was even trying to add pictures, but that didn't work either!

1. Having six windows taken out of your house is really weird! At one point, the installers had taken out the old windows and I had six big holes in my house! It really made me nervous when Christian went over to look out a window that wasn't really there.

2.  Our new windows have much more woodwork on them than our old ones. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but there is definitely more woodwork and less glass.

3.  We were afraid that the big window in the master bedroom was going to have a lot of rot underneath it, but it wasn't bad at all. The window in the playroom was the worst. The framing was rotten all the way down to the subfloor! We had the joy of paying a general contractor to fix it for us.

4.  While the general contractor was here, we had him replace the siding on the side of the house up by the new bedroom windows. Matt decided to put up cement siding, and they were about 100 pounds per piece of siding. They put 13 of these pieces up yesterday in the heat! I am glad I did not have that job!

5.  The siding behind the living room windows was also bad, so the contractors also replaced that siding.

6.  I am glad Matt was planning on spending more money to fix the house ON TOP of the money we had to spend on the windows. It was quite an expensive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment