Monday, August 31, 2015

Final Day before new windows!

Today we did the final cleaning upstairs in the rooms that are getting new windows. Tomorrow is the day that they come! Sooo excited!

I took down those ugly green flowered valances in my bathroom that have been up for over seven years!! I have wanted to take those down since the day we moved and never had a good excuse or really anything to replace them with! Today, they came down!! And no, I don't really have something to replace them with! The curtains and valances were already down in my bedroom.

The playroom is almost empty. It is ready for a new window and a new coat of paint. This room actually had some pretty valances, but those came down along with the very broken shades. I think I am just going to get some nice curtains for this room.  This will be Christian's room and I think some blackout curtains will be fine.

The valances came down in Christian's room and I have an idea on how to use them again. I don't think I am going to put them back up because I am taking the shades down in his room and those are not going back up! This is going to be the baby's room, so I think I am just going to go buy some curtains from Target to cover the entire windows. I think this will be cheap and easy!

As for my room and the five different windows, I really want to get blinds that go inside the windows, but I know that may cost a little bit.  Somebody also mentioned making/ buying curtains. I will have to do some more research before I decide which way to go here. I also want a fresh coat of paint on my bedroom walls.

Megan and Courtney's room is not getting new windows, but I think we can change it up a bit. I think they can get their room painted and rearranged. I think they are going to be stuck together for awhile. :)

The bathroom also has a new shower curtain and new rugs. We took down these lovely valances today too. :) Hip hip hooray!!! I would like this room painted and some new curtains or shades. I haven't quite decided yet.

I found somebody who will paint our walls for $25 an hour, which I don't think is bad! I think we are going to hire him to paint one and room and see how he does before he does anymore.  I am so anxious to get a new look upstairs AND to start getting ready for this baby's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment