Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Windows are DONE!!

Since we have had so much trouble with our window installer lately, his boss came out this morning to finish everything up.  We still needed an outside window caulked, wood putty put in all the nail holes in the windows, and the right colored cranks put on the windows that open. He spent almost 3 hours here finishing everything up for us! I now declare the windows DONE!!

The kids love it because there are interruptions from time to time and occasionally, they get out of school work. This morning, I was already running behind and had only twenty minutes with Courtney before lunch.  Well, the "boss" needed to talk to me about something, so our twenty minutes got cut back to ten!  Every time this happens, I need to rethink the rest of the day and tomorrow.  It's frustrating sometimes, but it can't be helped either.

Next step in this process is to get the house painted. We had new siding put on two sides of the house along with new trim around the windows, and as of now, there is no paint on anything. If we don't get it painted soon, we are going to have water damage all over again.

Matt got a recommendation for a painter and he came out and gave us an estimate to paint the entire house. I think we are going to go with him. He also paints inside rooms, so he gave us an estimate for the bedrooms upstairs too.  It was super cheap, so I think he will be doing those too!

After the paint goes on, then we can put up new shades. I am pretty sure we are going to order those from blindster.com and install them ourselves. I think we are going to put curtains up in the kids' rooms.

After the is new paint and window treatments up, the next step is to rent a rug doctor and clean the carpets. The playroom carpet is filthy, but honestly, I don't think a lot of it is going to come up. It is anything from finger nail polish to glue to whatever! I just want to try to clean it as well as we can.

Finally, we can move Christian into the playroom and get the baby's room ready! It seems like we have so much to do yet and we have less than eight weeks until my due date!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment