Monday, September 21, 2015

Window Shades are ordered!!!

Matt and I finally bit the bullet and ordered window shades last night from blindster.com.  I had a 20% coupon that expired at midnight, so after a very eventful day, we were up yet at 10:30 ordering shades!

Even though we had measured the new windows many, many times already, Matt went around and re-measured them again. We decided to go with an outside mount, so we added four inches to the top of every shade.  This should give us plenty of room to install them above the woodwork.  We also added an inch to each side, so they cover the windows all the way.  Hopefully everything is right!

We decided to get two inch oak shades for every window, so the entire upstairs looks uniform. We bought one inch shades for our master bathroom because the windows meet in the corner. We didn't think there would be enough room for the mounting brackets with the two inch shades. Our options were a little different than the two inch shades, so those will be slightly different, but they will still be made of oak.

With our great big windows in our bedroom, Christian's room, and the playroom, we decided to split the great big shade in half and order a valance that would go across the top to make it look like one. Hopefully this was worth the extra cost! The trick here was to get the measurements exactly in half.  After I placed my order, I realized that they were NOT exactly in half in my confirmation email, even though I had went back and fixed it. I guess I will need to call them today! Ugh!

We forgot all about the girls' bathroom window until we were about done, we can order that separately later!! I guess we will see how our others look first! (We were too tired by this point!)

And of course, it was a pretty big purchase and after I hit my "place order" button at 10:45 pm, I couldn't get to sleep! I really hope we didn't make any mistakes in our drowsiness last night and they look wonderful! (Otherwise it is $15 each shade to send them back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment