Monday, September 14, 2015

Window Treatments!

Now that we have new windows in our house, it's time to get some new window treatments. We have had sheets up over them for the last two weeks, but those can't stay up for an extended period of time!

Last week, I saw that blinds were on sale at Menard's, so we went out there to look and get some ideas. I really wanted inside mounted wooden blinds, but after talking to the sales person at Menard's and looking at our windows, it didn't seem like those would work.  Matt and I don't want our blinds sticking out plus we probably shouldn't mount them onto our windows. We should try to keep as much on our woodwork as possible. We do not want to void the warranty with our new windows!

Today, we had a sales person from Budget Blinds come out and she discussed with us our options and colors. After we decided on a certain type and color of blinds, she gave us an estimate.  The estimate for five blinds for our new windows was $618.93. Matt and I didn't think this was outrageous because they are big windows, but we told her we would think about it and get back to her.

After she left, I remembered that the website www.blindster.com was recommended to me by a neighbor awhile ago.  You measure and put them up yourself, but they are relatively inexpensive.  I went and remeasured the windows tonight and put in our information.  My total was $220.15! That is over a $400 difference for the same blinds! Our neighbor ordered from this company, so we are going to go over there and check out her blinds tomorrow. I think this is the best option!

If the blinds from this company are good and inexpensive, I may just order blinds for the kids' bedrooms. I was thinking about putting curtains up, but the sales lady said today that it would look a lot better from the outside if all the window coverings were the same upstairs. I just don't want the kids breaking these shades, like they did the last set, but they do come with a better warranty than they did with Budget Blinds.

I guess we have some decisions to make!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you think of blindster.com. Looked pretty good to me too. We are buying a brand new house and I want faux wood white blinds on everything, but was expecting it to be quite a bit more expensive then what you can get on blindster!

    ReplyDelete