Saturday, September 19, 2015

They have begun...

One thing that I remember very clearly from Christian's pregnancy was all the false contractions I had ALL THE TIME!! So far, I have had a few, but not any that I have had to stop, sit down, drink water, and time.

These started last night. :(  I started to feel them start about 4-5 in the afternoon and they were just here and there and no big deal.  I just drank more water and was aware of them.  I had to take Megan to a church event at 6 pm and when I got home, they were getting more intense! What??  Matt had rented a movie, so he grilled some supper and we sat down in front of the TV to watch the movie. Pretty soon, they were getting even more intense and I thought I should start timing them.  Sure enough, they were every 5 minutes!  I got some more water and continued to sit on the couch.  These kept going on for 20-30 minutes at this rate!

Soon it was time to go get Megan and I asked Matt if he wanted me to go or if he wanted to go.  The movie was still on, so usually I would go, but I said, "I have been sitting here having contractions, I don't think I should." I really didn't think I should move off the couch!  He went and got her and while he was gone, they seemed to slow down.  By the time I went to bed, I was still having them, but not near as often.  Thank goodness!

If this did not happen with Christian, I probably would have called my midwife and told her what was going on. She did say at my last appointment that I should call if I had more than six contractions an hour, which I did last night, but honestly, I knew what to do and I KNEW I was not going into pre-term labor, so I didn't call. I will call when it is more serious, such as if they would have gotten worse and not slowed down after awhile.

I then proceeded to have contractions all night too, but I could only tell when I got up to go to the bathroom! But honestly, I think I have contractions every night because I can't drink water all night and probably get more dehydrated overnight than during the day.

Hopefully they will not be so bad today and I can go about my normal life!

33 Weeks Pregnant tomorrow. Not long to go yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment