Thursday, September 10, 2015

32 Week Checkup

I had my 32 week checkup with my midwife yesterday and all is well! She asked if I had any more trouble (like I had two weeks earlier) and I said no. I told her I am having plenty of Braxton hicks contractions though! She keeps telling me that if I have more than six an hour, I need to call her.  I know that if I do, they will just tell me to sit down awhile and drink some water. I have just done this myself lately!  I think they are more worried about pre-term labor, but I don't expect to go into pre-term labor any time!

She was then figuring out what position this little guy was, and she found out that he is now head down!! This is where he should be. I only hope he stays this way for the next eight weeks! She then measured me and I was still 32 cm. I told her I was 32 last time and she said that when they flip head down like this, moms usually lose some length. I do remember that now! She found his heartbeat right away and it was 140 beats per minute. Perfect! My blood pressure was 106/50, which is my usual. I gained an additional three pounds, up to 24 now!  I was talking to the girls and said that with Megan, I gained 23 pounds, 26 with Courtney, and then 36 with Christian. I should be around there with this kid too.

She reminded me for the third time that I need to bring my birth plan in. I just want to tell her that I have had three great births and honestly, I don't even think the nurses at the hospital read my birth plan! As a midwife, she will do everything that I want, so I am not really worried about it. We talked about different positions for delivery instead of the usual on your back position. We talked about a different option and I think we are going to change it up this time! I am kind of excited!

I go back again in two weeks for my 34 week appointment and then after my 36 week check, I start going every week! We are getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment