Saturday, May 3, 2014

Winner, winner!!

When I was at the store last Thursday, I took some of the new food suggestions my doctor gave me and purchased a few new items.  These included a zucchini and a cucumber.  I have never bought these and honestly, the last time I tried a cucumber, I didn't really like it and I don't think I have ever had a zucchini!

Last night, I cut both of them up and offered them to the family. Guess what? They were both gone by the end of our meal!! They all loved them! I did too! Winner!!

This morning I told myself that my children were not going to eat cereal breakfast and I knew that I had to beat them to the kitchen before they hit the cereal so I could stop them. :)  I got downstairs first and pulled out a gluten free cookbook and started looking for something to make. I found a recipe for waffles and it called for eggs, milk, yogurt, and gluten free flour. I can have all of these now!! I made them and they were gone instantly! I made a gluten-free four batch and a gluten-filled batch (I used wheat flour). These are definitely a keeper!

Another food item we had for the first time this week was pistachios.  I had bought these awhile ago, but didn't what they tasted like or how you were supposed to eat them, so they just sat in the cupboard.  I pulled them out the other day and asked Matt if he knew how to eat them or what they tasted like. He said, "You have pistachios? Those are soooo good. All you do is take off the shell and eat the inside." Needless to say, that bag is almost gone too!

Did I ever mention that I made pizza for the first time last Monday night? It had a crust made out of rice flour and tapioca starch and it had eggs and rice in it. The kids also loved it, except for Courtney.  Unfortunately, I could not put cheese on mine, but it was still good! I bought some feta cheese at the store Thursday, so we will try that here shortly and see how that goes.

I wonder what I can come up with for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment