Sunday, May 18, 2014

New foods again at our house!

I tried two new things here at the Ruwe house yesterday. 

1.  zucchini bread
2. split pea soup

I have not had these for years, but I had a leftover zucchini and I had some split peas and these recipes kept coming up.

We also have a new rule in our house, you must try it AND I will not be insulted if you don't like it! Everything is also gluten free and sugar free, if at all possible.

Courtney and Christian loved the zucchini bread. Megan, Matt and I were not so impressed. I think it needed more sugar. :)  Maybe that is why many recipes I found called for a CUP of sugar. I used 5-6 drops of stevia and applesauce instead of the honey.

I loved the split pea soup.  Matt said it was "pretty good," Megan thought it was disgusting, Courtney and Christian had some, but not a lot.

We also had tuna to eat for lunch yesterday, this was the first time in a couple of years because tuna came up really high on Courtney's allergy test two years ago.  Now that I need to rotate everything every four days, I need to have enough different food to get through four days! I thought this would be something I could add in.  I made tuna salad for the rest of the family and since I cannot have mayo (vinegar), I just put some tuna on a salad and it worked great!  I told the kids to eat just a little bit to get it back into their systems.

I think my family either tried too many new foods yesterday or ate too much of a new food because a couple of my kids had upset stomachs last night. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment