Thursday, May 1, 2014

Grocery Shopping

Today I went and got groceries for the first time since I had to change what I eat! It is frustrating because I had everything figured out already;I knew exactly what I could buy and I didn't have to read labels anymore.  Until today!!! I felt like I had to start completely over!!!

We were in the store for about an hour and Megan looked at the few items in my cart and said, "We have been here almost an hour and we only have these groceries!" I think she was getting frustrated at me, I got the last few items on my list and we left. Poor thing!

I was told yesterday that I still eat too many starches and I need to incorporate more good fats and protein into my diet! I have got the sugar completely out and even everything made with vinegar.  I think that is a good start! My doctor gave me quite a few ideas about what to eat for "good" fats and proteins and gave me a limit of only eating one starch food item a day. I think that is a great goal!

I also mentioned that I would like to get the kids tested and put them all on sugar restriction too! I was telling her about Courtney and how she loves her sugar and block cheese.  My doctor replied, "By what you are telling me, I almost guarantee that she has a yeast problem too!"  As I look at what the kids are eating, I tend to agree with her. Yeast came up on both Courtney's and Christian's tests, but like mine, the doctor didn't seem too worried and I just took away yeast from bread baked items. I had NO IDEA that there was so much more involved, like all the sugar and starches! I think I am going to work gradually to get them to eat what I do, it would sure make life easier (or harder!)

I told them the other day that as soon as our cereal is gone, I wasn't going to buy anymore and their jaws dropped. "You can't do that!" I responded with, "Yes, I can. You guys need to eat something besides sugar for breakfast." But that's the problem, what else can we eat quickly in the morning?? I am constantly looking for something for breakfast that does not include sugar and starches.  I need to keep going through cookbooks!

I was also told I need to rotate my food more. I try, but it doesn't always work out so well. I just need to get enough food options that I can rotate every four days.  This is such a lot of work, but I know it will work in the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment