Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This is how we rolled today...

I am not the only one getting the itch to get done with school, especially now that many of the districts around town are done. Our girls are getting the itch too.  But there is no way we can quit now! I WILL finish my books OR get to a good stopping point!  But in the meantime, summer is starting whether we are done with school or not!

Today was case in point.  We had school all morning and then we went outside for "recess." I realized that it was actually warm out and that maybe today would be a good day to go swimming. We joined a local gym and the outdoor pool opened last Saturday.  I asked the girls if they were interested in going swimming and of course they said, "YES!!!"  We only had science, Megan's math, and Courtney's spelling to get done in the afternoon.  We were also supposed to have piano lessons at 4:30, but those got moved to tomorrow, so technically once we were done, we were free until dinner time.

I thought it was an opportunity we couldn't pass by, so we did science and went over Megan's math assignment.  It was about 2:30 at this time and I thought we needed to get going by 3 because we needed to be home by 5 or so.  I still had Courtney's spelling to do and our first assignment of a new week usually takes a little bit longer.  I didn't think we had time to do it, so I made an executive decision. Spelling could be done later. :)

All the kids got their suits on and we headed to the pool for two hours!!  Once we got home, we had dinner and taught one piano student (1 of the 3 came for lessons tonight), and once that was over, I had intended to do spelling.  But that didn't happen. We talked to our neighbor for awhile, rescued a baby bird that fell out of its nest, and got Courtney through the shower. By the time this was done, it was bedtime. I guess spelling is going to have to wait until tomorrow!

By the way, Courtney was complaining to me today because she thinks that we need to be done with school too! She says it is no fair that the public school kids get out, but she doesn't. She said she wants to go to public school so she can be done earlier.  I kind of laughed at her!! I sometimes have to remind her that she didn't go to school in the fall for about 6 weeks while they were in school  and that she only goes to school 2-3 hours a day, if that. I think she has NOTHING to complain about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment