Monday, May 19, 2014

Food Article

I saw this come across Facebook and it caught my eye. Many of you know that we have cut out all sugar at my house. Well, I have cut it ALL out and I am trying my best with my children. We have eliminated breakfast cereals and any other sugary items.  I am pretty sure that Courtney and Christian have a yeast problem like I do (actually yeast came up on both of their tests, but those were over a year ago), but I am pretty sure they still have a problem.  Eventually, I would like to get other yeast related foods cut out of their diets! One of those foods is vinegar, which is in ketchup, mustard, and all salad dressings. 

We are almost all gluten free too.  I let the girls have wheat every four days, Matt eats it whenever he wants because "he is dad and can do whatever he wants."

I saw this article and it talks about the eleven things  (with charts) that are wrong with our modern diets.

http://www.businessinsider.com/whats-wrong-with-the-modern-diet-charts-2014-2#!I0sFR

I found it quite fascinating  because we have addressed EVERY SINGLE one of these problems in our house within the last two years.  I have learned about a couple of them in just the last few weeks, such as why I should lower my use of oils with omega 6 fatty acid. I have learned which oils are good to use and which are not!

I have also been using real butter instead of  margarine and not feeling bad when I eat bacon! (low msg of course!)

I am constantly trying to get my kids to eat whole foods and we are gradually getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment