Saturday, May 31, 2014

Soap shopping!

 

I gave up a chance to go swimming the other day because we needed groceries very bad! I measure when we need groceries by the amount of fruit and vegetables left in our fridge. :)

While I was at the store, my kids mentioned that they needed more bath soap, so we headed over to that direction.  I have been avoiding food dyes in my kids' foods for awhile and I know there are dyes in shampoo/ body wash, so I wanted to see if I could find any dye-free soap. Guess what? I found ONE bottle of dye-free body wash for my girls, so I bought it! They had a problem with it because it had a Smurf on it because you know the picture really does matter! Especially if it is a penguin.:)

Suave Kids Free & Gentle Body Wash, The Smurfs, No Dyes, 18 Ounce

I then went to find myself some more bath soap. Again, same problem! Everything is either colored or has a scent to it! I don't want pretty smelling soap, I want plain as can be! I remember my doctor saying that some of my intolerances could be caused by what I was putting ON my skin. There was oatmeal in quite a few of the products and that could all have gluten in it! I couldn't find anything in a bottle, so I just bought plain white Ivory soap to use on myself.
Ivory Original8packs 16-Count: Bath Size Bars (4 Oz), 63.4Ounce
I may need to go to a natural food/ whole food grocery store next time to find better soap for all of us!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment