Friday, May 23, 2014

Not much sugar lately

Yesterday I met with a few moms to plan some summer activities for our homeschooling group.  We met at bowling alley, so the kids could bowl while we could chat and plan. It worked well!

While the kids were bowling, one of the moms bought two pitchers of Sprite for everyone to share.  She offered me some, but I declined because I KNOW I cannot have sugar.  All three of my kids looked at my and pretty much said, "Are you going to let me have some?" They have not had straight sugar/artificial sugar for at least a couple of weeks either (and they really haven't complained!).  I said yes, they could have some, but not so much. I didn't want a sugar overload! They each got a cup and their faces were priceless when they took a drink- I think they all thought it was so sweet! They all cringed at first! I could tell they hadn't had sugar in awhile!! 

I think pop is fine once in awhile and I don't want to deprive them of sweets here and there, I just really want to get it out of their diets on a daily basis and we seem to be doing that!

For awhile, I had told Courtney that she could only have one wheat product a day and if she didn't get that one wheat product, she would say, "I need to eat something with wheat in it today!"  Now, she doesn't even complain about it. I have a chart on the fridge and she can have wheat every 4th day, just like every other food. She is great about going over to the fridge and counting back her days. She doesn't seem to be craving it as much as she used to! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment