Monday, November 18, 2013

Sinus Update

After seeing the ENT today, I am back to square one.

I do not have a sinus infection.  He took an xray just to be sure and said my sinuses are completely clear.  I have not had any trouble breathing or any drainage from all of this, just lots of sinus pressure that is getting worse and I am having more trouble with my eyes. We talked about my latest root canal and he came to the same conclusion: my teeth and sinus troubles are not related, BUT he does think my sinus troubles and my jaw are related!

As he was examining me, he noticed that my jaw did line up very well.  He said, "You've got quite the jaw there!"  Tell me something I don't know!!

His conclusion:  My sinus pressure is being caused by 1. My bad jaw alignment and/ or 2. allergies.

He put in a prescription for a stronger antihistamine eye drops and suggested that I get on a stronger decongestant.  He also said that I should consider getting allergy tested.

I then called my chiropractor and I am going to go in Thursday and get my jaw adjusted, I am going to see if that helps first.

I am going to be really upset if getting adjusted did work and in the end, I didn't need to go to a very expensive ENT and get a very expensive xray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment