Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Finish the Book!

After supper last night, we asked the kids to clean up the living room and the rest of the first floor, Megan's friend party is Friday and I would like to get a head start on cleaning.

Except nobody felt like cleaning and they weren't moving too fast and I didn't really feel like fighting them....

So I thought of a new plan.  I was going to have them clean last night and then finish reading our read-aloud Wednesday morning.

I asked them, "Would you rather me finish reading your book now or clean?? If I read now, you will be cleaning tomorrow morning"

Simultaneously, the girls responded, "Read the book!!!"

So for the next hour and a half, I read the rest of "Moccasin Trail." (I read it so long that Christian fell asleep in my lap!)



Wow, such a good book! After we finished, Courtney said, "That is my favorite book!" I'm so glad! (These books are not a part of her curriculum, but I've had her listen anyway.)

Now, time to get the girls out of bed and we have to clean this morning...and work on science! Then we are off to the Homeschool Learning Center at noon, errands and the library afterwards, home to give piano lessons, supper, then church tonight. Not much school going on today!


No comments:

Post a Comment