Friday, November 15, 2013

School on Friday!

I can't believe it's Friday and we don't have one thing on the calendar!! No birthday party, no appointments, nothing!

In the past, I have always liked to take Friday off, but it has not worked that way yet this year.  I like to use four day lesson plans and then spread the four days worth of work over five days.  We take what equals to a day off (morning and afternoon, two afternoons, etc), but it hasn't always fallen on a Friday this year.

With Homeschool Learning Center being Wednesday from 12-2, we usually take Wednesday afternoon off and do errands and then we usually have something else that comes up during the week that we need to do.

This week, we had nothing scheduled on Friday and I thought about letting the kids have it off. But then I thought otherwise.  We can use that time to make up lessons.

I also looked at my calendar for next week.  Megan has a doctor appointment Wednesday at 10:15 am and we all have dentists appointments Thursday at 10 am. Guess what we are not going to get done Wednesday or Thursday morning next week?? School! Then we have HLC Wednesday afternoon and dance Thursday afternoon, looks like both those days are taken up.  We may get some work done after we get home, but it's hard to school work started at 3 pm!

So are we catching up on school work today or getting ahead??

Can I say again how much I love the flexibility that comes with homeschooling??

No comments:

Post a Comment