Sunday, February 17, 2013

You're Hired!

Tonight as I came upstairs to get start getting kids to bed, I heard Courtney reading Christian books. They do this all the time, so no big deal.

I went into his room to put him to bed and Courtney said, "No mom,I'm putting him to bed tonight."
Um, ok.

I changed him, took him potty, brushed his teeth, and sent him back to Courtney. I then came into my office to get school planned out for the week, just waiting for her to call me for some help.

Before I know it, I hear Courtney tell Christian that they have read enough books and that it is time to sing. She sings with him and put him to bed! I have been busy getting school ready and helping Megan with homework that I haven't even went and checked on them!

I haven't heard anything from him, so I am assuming he is sound asleep now, I need to go say good night to him, but really, isn't it sweet that Courtney put him to bed??

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! I had a similar experience this morning.... Emerson had picked out the boys clothes (even Easton's!) and laid them all out for them (including underwear and socks/shoes) and then helped dress Oakley - so sweet! Em and C sound a lot a like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney you are so sweet, she can see a need and then fix it! We can learn alot from kids, I know I do from my own grandchildren and kids!!!! Love this story, thanks for sharing.Grandma Lu

    ReplyDelete