Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Troubles

I am hiding out from my children in my room. Yes, yes I am.

It was a long morning at Ruwe homeschool, so I am escaping. We are allowed to do that right??

Things started well until Christian found a semi truck that was broken. Like the part from the trailer that hooks onto the truck was gone and he wanted it fixed!

Right in the middle of school, he would bring it to Courtney, "Fix my truck" or to Megan or to myself. When nobody was helping him, he got even more frustrated and the crying started.  I kept telling him that dad will need to fix it.  Dad works downstairs, so to get a moment of peace (remember, I'm supposed to be educating my children!), I had Courtney open the basement door and sent him downstairs to bother his dad!

Ahh, peace, but then I heard Matt coming up the steps. He dropped Christian off, who was still crying about his broken truck and said, "I'm on the phone."

Ok, so we try to continue to school, but Christian is not letting up. I eventually put him in a chair that I use for time out for him during school.  He stayed there (still crying) while we finished up Bible class. The girls were within 6 inches of me so they could hear the lesson.

Ok, that is over and I sent Courtney to go play and Christian usually goes with her, but he stayed in the kitchen while I worked with Megan.  I usually don't let him on my lap, but he kept saying, "I'll sit nicely!"  (By the way, Matt had taken the truck downstairs to "fix" it.)

Ok, he is sitting somewhat nicely, but now it was Megan's turn to give me trouble. :)  She was supposed to have notes written down about a story she is supposed to writing for her language arts lesson, but it wasn't quite done how I thought it should've been done.  She was getting pretty upset that I wasn't understanding her story and I was getting upset because she just had bits and pieces, but no real story line. Soon I gave up on writing because we were both frustrated and turned to English. This wasn't much better. She was too upset to do English too, so I sent her to her room to calm down.

So now I got Courtney and told her it was time for school. She came down, Christian crawled back on my lap, and we got busy.  She got math done and we started her literature lesson and Christian's eyes started to look half shut and he was getting really snuggly.  Naptime? He has had a cold the last couple of days and you could hear it in his lungs and he was constantly coughing (bronchitis?). So I eventually laid him down on the couch and he fell asleep around noon. 

We had lunch and now I am hiding out until about 1:30 when we start school back up again
 I hope our afternoon goes better than our morning!

(By the way, we usually take Friday off, but we took Wednesday off instead because we had some things to do. Maybe I should stick to taking Fridays off...)

No comments:

Post a Comment