Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Night

 Christian and I are home tonight from AWANA. I am not feeling the best, I have introduced a couple of new things into my diet lately (nothing off my list, just some new foods) and something is bothering me. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint it, I guess I will just live with the consequences for the evening.

Since Christian is home, we watched a "Bob the Builder" movie he got at the library today and I am making cookies for tomorrow.

Last year on Valentine's Day, we did a service project with the girls and I loved it. We are going to do it again this year. We make sugar cookies and deliver them around town to our family and friends. Tonight, I am making some gluten free cookies, so Courtney, Christian, and I can partake of the fun along with all our gluten-free friends.  It's great making chocolate chip cookies right before bed!!

I like this project because
1. Being homeschooled, they don't get a Valentine's party at school.
2. We get to serve others. It's great when you arrive at somebody's work or home and surprise them with cookies! It really teaches my girls to think of others and teaches them not to expect anything in return.
3.  Creativity. We sat down yesterday and made cards for everybody- brains at work!
4.  A nice break from the daily routine of school.
5. We get to see some people we haven't seen in awhile, such as some aunts and uncles, and let's us be a part of their world for a few minutes.

So if you are a family or friend here in Omaha, you may be getting a phone call or text tomorrow and a couple cute girls might bring you some yummy sugar cookies!!

1 comment:

  1. I made 200 cookies, I got a little carried away with it all....Now I am making the frosting...How many gallons should I make. Looking forward to the fun, see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete