Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday morning

Why on school days I have to WAKE everybody up, but on a Saturday morning, Mr. Christian is in my room begging to read books at 7:15??? It is Saturday!!

It must be because he knows how much housework I have to get caught up on today.

1. Dishwasher doesn't work very well, so dishes are stacking up...again.
2. I haven't done laundry all week. Yikes! The girls haven't started complaining that they are out of clothes yet, so it must not be so bad. :)
Is it bad that I still have clothes that I haven't put away yet from last week??
3. My bathroom is a disaster!  Maybe once I get the dirty clothes out of there, that will get me motivated to clean the rest.
4.  I have quite a few things piled up that I need to return to stores.  Things that don't fit, things we don't need, etc. I just need to take a couple of hours and return them.

We are going over to a friends house tonight to play games and let the kids play, so maybe that will be my motivation.

But some fun first. We have discovered every Saturday morning there are animal shows on TV. "Jack Hanna's Wildlife Kingdom" at 9 and "Ocean Mysteries" is on at 9:30.  Since the girls love animals so much, this has become a weekly tradition.

Last week on the ocean mysteries show, they had a scientist in the Alaskan wilderness trying to tag Kodiak bears, so they can watch them via GPS and help to conserve them.  During the show, they were showing how they were catching salmon to eat. 

On Monday morning, we were asking Christian what different animals ate.  "What do monkeys eat?" Bananas!  (He was eating a banana at the time and that is what prompted this conversation!)
"What do bears eat? Fish!  He remembered from this show!

Then after these two shows, "Liberty Kids" comes on on a different station, but by then we have watched too much TV and it needs to be turned off!

I'm sure Matt will continue to work on the basement today. All the electrical work is done and the can lights are up, the ceiling grid is up, and I think Matt is going to try to get all the ceiling tiles cut and into place this weekend. I think his goal is to get it done by Christian's birthday. We haven't seen much of him lately, but there has been MUCH progres done on the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment