Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oh Courtney!

Courtney never ceases to amaze me. Here's two of her latest stories:

1.  She has two pet grasshoppers that she just loves!  She checks on right before she goes to bed and right away in the morning, during the day she is always checking on them and seeing how they are doing. She talks to them and feeds them all the time. Today she said that one had his hand over his heart and she was reciting "The Plege of Allegiance" for him.

But yesterday morning, she made me laugh more than usual in regards to her pet grasshoppers.  She was eating some Berry Captain Crunch for breakfast and she knew that grasshoppers eat green things, so she was picking out the green berries to feed her grasshoppers.  She had a pile of them on the table. I don't think she ever fed them to them, but I think she was serious about it! I just laughed!

2. Today I went to go get the dirty laundry out of the girls' laundry basket and realized that only Megan had put her dirty clothes in there. Can you guess where Courtney's dirty clothes were? On her floor? No. Under her bed? No. Back in her drawer? (this has happened!)No. Stuffed in her closet? No. They are IN her bed. Along with her many blankets, penguins, pillow pets, barbie clothes, and many books. I only know this because I went to dig the library books out of her bed this morning and I saw one of her good Sunday dresses in a ball beside her pillow. I then proceeded to see outfits that I know she wore a couple of days ago in her bed too.

Do I make her be responsible and take her own dirty clothes out of her bed? (of course!) Or do I do it for her? (no way!)

I think I will not say anything and when she runs out of clothes, maybe she will learn that dirty clothes go in the laundry basket and not in her bed!!!

(Her dirty clothes are in her bed because she always changes while standing on her bed because then she can see herself in the mirror.)

Matt and I think she will definitely need some organization skills in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment