Thursday, October 4, 2012

Need a Break!

We are going to take a break from school today. I need it. I call it a mental health day.

School is taking way too long and Courtney's reading curriculum is overwhelming me. I had some good conversations with some fellow homeschooling moms yesterday and I definitely need to scale back. She is only in kindergarten! So now I need to think through what I want to change.

Everything else is going great! I am not completely happy with our Bible program, but I can make it work. Math is great for both girls, science is way too much fun, phonics is coming right along (Courtney can read books by herself now!!), and all of Megan's history, reading, read-alouds are great too. We're studying American history, so we are learning about the Aztecs right now- it is definitely not for the faint of heart- did you know they had human sacrifices?? I really have to be careful what I teach Megan.

Anyway, today we are going to the zoo.  We have been studying animal habitats in science and have made some really neat posters to go along with our lessons.  We have learned about grasslands, deserts, oceans, and rain forests. We are going to go to the zoo and apply our learning! Even though there is school we could be doing, I think we need a break. :)  I think we are going to do nothing this morning and head out about noon. Megan has dance at 4:15, so we need to be to class by then. Hopefully the clouds will go away and it will be a beautiful day out!


1 comment:

  1. Have fun at the zoo Charla! I'm cleaning my house today while the kiddos are at school. It was nice chatting with you last night.

    ReplyDelete