Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chaos!!

That is what is was here about 15 minutes ago!

We have a neighbor whose dog is in our yard once in awhile. His name is Hank, he's a beagle, and we know exactly what to do when he is in our yard. We put him on Dell's leash and take him home!

Today, Hank was in our yard again. Dell noticed this and went crazy! I saw Hank back there so I went to go get the leash. In the meantime, Megan and Courtney are yelling at Dell to "Be Quiet!!"  This is to no avail.  I am instructing Dell to go to the basement so she won't go running out when I go get Hank, but while I am reaching for Dell, I knock over the grasshopper terranium. Yes, it dumped out onto the floor, grasshoppers and all. Actually only the mama grasshopper came out plus most of it's contents. The other grasshopper held onto the lid and stayed put! Thank goodness!

So once Courtney sees the grasshopper on the kitchen floor, she decides to scream at the top of her lungs! So this in turn scares Christian, so then he begins to scream! All the while, I finally get Dell downstairs.

So now I still have to find Dell's leash and get Hank, but first I need to trap the grasshopper under a cup so he won't get away. I got that done  and I got Hank taken home, and then I came back and had to clean up the mess on the floor. 

This is somewhat good because we saw the mama grasshopper eating the grasshopper eggs about an hour ago. I was trying to think of a plan to get those eggs out of the terrarium and this was perfect. (Courtney was pretty upset when she saw this!) The eggs were now all on the floor! I carefully picked those up and put those in another plastic cup and carefully reached into the terranium and picked the few that were in there out without letting mister grasshopper out. Again, mission accomplished!

Now Hank is home, mess on floor is cleaned up, grasshoppers and grasshopper eggs are saved.

I think chaos is over...for the time being anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment