Friday, October 19, 2012

Another quote...

I had to go get some groceries tonight and as I was checking out, the cashier (who was very SLOW!!!) noticed that I was buying quite a few canned goods.  He said to me, "What are you going to do with all these canned goods? Having a canned good yard sale???"  He was totally serious.

 I responded, "No, we are going to eat them." I thought his jaw was going to drop.  (BTW- Vegetables were 37 cents, wouldn't you stock up too?)

Then he said, "How often do you go grocery shopping?" Even though I go every 1-2 weeks, I told him that I go every two weeks.  He replied with, "Oh, ok."

So we eat a lot in our house and I am not ashamed of it!  We also don't eat much processed foods or dairy, so we don't get filled up on those as fast and instead we eat a lot of fruit and vegtables. 

PS You should never stand in the check out lane longer than you are in the store!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment