Friday, February 24, 2012

We are done for the week!

I think this is the first time in many weeks that I have been completely done with school for Megan by 2 pm on a Friday. Usually we have something that is still to be done over the weekend or some reading to do, but not today. We worked hard this week and got it all done!

What a relief!

I even got a reading lesson in for Courtney this afternoon. Slowly but surely, she is getting it! I told her yesterday that if she can read by next fall, then I would get her 1st grade readers, her eyes lit up! Hopefully that will motivate her a little bit. If not, then we do kindergarten level, which is learning to read (I really don't want to go backwards). She knows all her letters by sight (lowercase and uppercase) and she knows all the sounds. We have even learned short and long vowel sounds. Since she can also write all her letters, she has been asking me to spell words out lately or she has been copying words out of books. It's so much fun to watch her take the initiative. Right now, her and Megan are laying on the floor working out out of educational books. Way to go! Keep on learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment