Friday, February 24, 2012

Sewing

Awhile ago, Megan had bought some fabric at Wal-mart, she said wanted to learn to sew.

I have no idea how to sew, so I was hoping a grandma or somebody would teach her the basics.

Well, never fear, Megan taught herself! She decided this week that she was going to sew, so I gave her my little sewing kit and her and Courtney spent at least two hours the first day sewing. They probably had 8-10 little square of fabric and they just sewed lines across them. Megan figured out how to thread the needle and tie knots where they needed them. I didn't help her at all! (Not like I would know anyway. :) They thought it was great! (Plus it gave them something to do while I read to her for school).

Today they have moved on to pillows. We went back to Wal-mart yesterday and they each bought some more fabric and some more thread. Today they are making little pillows ( about 1" by 3") and stuffing them with kleenexes. When they get enough money, they can buy themselves some cotton. :) I am definitely putting a limit on kleenexes!

Just now Courtney came up to me and said, "Mom, come sew a pillow." Really Courtney, do you have to ask? I really don't want to, but I will because she wants me to. Earlier Megan said, "Mom, do you know how many things we can make now that we know how to sew?" Yes, I do Megan.

We'll see how far they take this little project. Now only if I can get them to clean up their mess while they are at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment