Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday- Valentine's Day!

1. Christian is doing much better today. He still had a fever yesterday and I took him to see our pediatrician. She said his lungs were sounding pretty bad yet, so she gave me an antibiotic. I didn't go pick it up right away and I thought it was odd that I never got an email telling me it was filled. Well, the pharmacy never got the prescription (everything is done online now) and I didn't call the doctor back to get it filled. We noticed that he was doing a lot better last night, so Matt and I decided not to give it to him.

2. Christian actually ate today and acted like he hadn't seen his toys in days! He kind of didn't. :) I am glad he is feeling better, I am tired of having bad-breath sick baby on my lap all day. I love him at all, but he was not a good sight this weekend.

3. How many episodes of "Thomas the Train" can you tolerate in a weekend? I think we watched 4. Now Christian will bring you the tv remote and say, "Choo-Choo?" AHHHH, no more choo-choo!

4. I felt like a whole new person when I woke up this morning. This was the first night in four nights that I slept all the way through, I didn't hear Christian at all! No coughing, no crying for dada or mama, no talking in his sleep, nothing. It felt refreshing!

5. How much have we spent in doctor bills in the last two weeks? We don't care about our deductible anymore-Matt says to just spend it and get it over with!

6. Valentine's Day was very sweet today. I woke up with a homemade card by Courtney. On the front it said, "Courtney, Mom," and a bunch of hearts. It said the same thing in the middle. Courtney told me she didn't want to write "Cat", so she just wrote Courtney and mom. I laughed because she only knows how to spell a few words from memory and those are mom, cat, courtney, and dad.

7. Megan didn't have a valentine's party today because she doesn't go to public school anymore, but we had our own celebration here. Grandma came and the girls decorated sugar cookies. We then boxed them up for people and delivered them. It was a great time! We made many surprise stops and I looked at it as a service project. It is better to give than to receive, right?

8. I think we should go serve people for every holiday, it was a great lesson and I think the girls enjoyed it very much! I know I did!

9. How do you get an 8 year old to stay attentive for two hours so I can teach her? How can I get her bottom to stay in her chair and not stand up to A. dance like a ballerina B. refill her glass with ice chips C. Get a cup of water to drink D. irritate her siblings. She gets up half the time and I don't even notice it. She is very distractable and we're not getting school done like I like. Matt thinks I need to do something drastic, I'm not quite sure yet.

10. How do you get an 8 year old to do her homework?? She's had this essay she's had assigned to her since last Friday. It was due yesterday, but since Christian was sick, I kind of let her by because she PROMISED she would do it today. Well, today came and went and the essay is still not done. Now it is 10:30 at night and we start school as soon as I take Courtney to preschool tomorrow. Now I am going to have to stall school for about a half an hour so she can finish her essay and do her math assignment. That will leave me less than two hours to work with her in the morning. Plus we have our homeschool learning class tomorrow afternoon, so I can't teach her tomorrow afternoon either. Oh and don't forget AWANAS tomorrow night.

We haven't finished our lessons from Day 1 of the week and it is already Wednesday. I'm so frustrated, I don't see how we are going to finish this week's lessons by the end of the week. I don't mind getting behind on Thursday or Friday, but I really despise getting behind on Monday. It just hangs over my head and drives me nuts. Maybe I should just relax and try to get as much done as I can and then maybe finish over the weekend. I really don't want to drag this week's lessons into next week. I need to come up with a better solution. Any thoughts?

Oh, we can't forget that today was Courtney's half birthday too, that called for a trip to CiCi's Pizza tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment