Monday, February 20, 2012

My big helper, in more ways than one. :)

Christian has been helping me a lot lately around the house.

1. He put almost all the dishes away this morning out of the dishwasher. I even videotaped him, he put all the silverware, plastic containers, his sippy cups, the girls' straw cups, and bowls away. Tonight he puts some pots and pans away for me, I don't even tell him where they go, he just puts them where they belong and he is right 90% of the time!

I had to laugh because for a couple of weeks now, we have been using real bowls. We ran out of paper bowls and I haven't been able to get to Sam's to get some more. Christian pulled the real bowls out of the dishwasher today and headed to the hutch in the dining room. It took me a little bit to figure out why he was taking our glass bowls in there when they belong in the kitchen. Then I thought- this is where we store our real dishes now that paper dishes have taken over our cupboards. Poor Christian, this is where he thinks the real dishes go- in the hutch! I laughed out loud!

When we were all done unloading the dishwasher, he said, "bye,bye" and shut it all up for me! Thanks Little Man! What a good helper! (The bad thing is that if I have the dishwasher open and am filling it with dirty dishes, he starts taking those out too so he can put them away.)

2. He always helps me in the laundry room when I do laundry. I was folding towels tonight and he was very nice and was giving me towels out of the dryer.

3. Speaking of laundry rooom, the door has been closed a lot lately. The baskets have been moved and the door has been shut. I always leave it open. Well tonight, I caught the little person red-handed! I asked Christian to take some dirty kitchen towels to the laundry room, so he did and when I went to see what he was doing, he was in the process of moving a basket so he could get the door shut! Little Stinker!

He has a little OCD in him. Whenever I am doing dishes and have the garbage can out to throw things away, he will come along and shut it. He is always shutting doors and cupboards when I don't want him to.

He is a very good cleaner and will pick up his toys without any trouble! He needs things in place and in order. Last night, his box where we keep his blocks was on its side, he kept saying "uh-oh" over and over and over. He wouldn't even settle down to read books until I put this box right side up. He also needs to have his shoes taken off at the same time that you take his coat off, or he will follow you around saying, "shoes, shoes." He has a variety of little quirks like these, I just have to laugh at him! I think they're cute, except when they get in my way (the laundry room door!)

No comments:

Post a Comment