Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still Sick and Parties

Christian was still sick today. We gave him ibuprofen every 4 hours, so his fever didn't get so high like it did yesterday. He was really crabby today and didn't want to do anything he was supposed to. It was a huge fight to give him his medicine and even tonight, he didn't think he had to brush his teeth! We are figuring out how strong this little boy is, even Matt couldn't hold him down! His nose is still running pretty bad and he still sounds terrible. Matt and I think he has strep, even though the test last night was negative. If he's not better tomorrow or Tuesday, I am going to call up our pediatrician and see what is going on.

On a side note, tomorrow is Courtney's Valentine's Day party at preschool. Since I was busy with a sick baby all day, I didn't have time to sit down with her to finish writing out her valentines. We sat down at 8:30 tonight and finished them (we did half the other day). I am so proud that Courtney can write all her teachers' names and her own name (25 times!). She's really catching on!

Then I got to thinking, if we homeschool both girls next year, neither one will have a Valentine's Day party. Megan always had one at Aldrich, but this year, she doesn't have one at all. Could this be my last year (already) for buying valentines and attaching candy to them? It's kind of sad and I admit, this is one thing that I miss about my kids not going to school.

There is a homeschool group that is having a party tomorrow, it is from 12-5 at Skatedaze. Problem 1 is that it is right during nap time. Problem 2 is that Christian is sick. Problem 3 is how I would keep keep track of all 3 kids in that place! We even had the option of going skating, I had no idea how I was going to manage that! If we went, we would've just paid to play in the playdazium. Matt said I should've signed up and went. Maybe I should have but now I can't go with Christian being so sick. Maybe next year.

Tuesday is Courtney's half birthday and she is SUPER excited!! She gets to take treats this week to preschool to celebrate, hopefully we will get those done earlier than at 9 pm the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment