Monday, February 6, 2012

My Poor Driving Record

So lately, I have had some trouble behind the steering wheel and it is starting to add up in the old pocketbook.

December 30th- Speeding ticket on the way to a chiropractic appointment (did I forget to mention this??) $99 cost for a stop class. Best chance to sit back and do nothing for 4 hours!

Today, February 6th- Pulled backwards out of my driveway and hit the car that was parked across the street. I hit it in the drivers-side back door with the my left corner bumper. Why did he park there?? Ok, so it was really my fault. And it was with our brand new van. Not even 3 months old.

So here is another $500 in deductible cost plus our insurance will probably go up. Our liability insurance will pay for his damage 100%.

We have a back up camera, but I don't really use it. I was in a hurry this morning and I just pulled out like usual. Well, until I heard "CRUNCH". I pulled forward and just shook my head because I knew what I had done! I knew that car was back there because I had pulled out earlier and had to maneuver around it, but this time, I totally hit it!

In our old van, we had sensors that would beep when you were close to something, I told Matt I want my sensors back! I wouldn't have hit this car if I would've had those!

As Matt says, I should probably be more careful from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment