Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Goals Achieved

I had a few goals for today.

1. Finish school for Megan from yesterday and work on the next day's lessons
2. Do a reading lesson with Courtney (or her preschool books)
3. Clean out my fridge! We had some strawberry juice that had leaked down the back of the fridge awhile ago and I thought it was time to clean it up!
4. Get laundry done. -Can I just add that Megan ran around in her bathrobe half the day because she absolutely had NOTHING to wear...you know, she can't wear "real" clothes when we are home.(insert sarcasm)
5. Wash dishes and clean up the counters.
6. Take kids to PE class at Prarie Life
7. Get all three kids through the bath/ shower
8. Get some time to my self some where in the day.
9. Have children clean up dining room, piano room, and living room
10. Teach piano lessons tonight

In the end, I got all of these things accomplished. I didn't take the girls to PE class today. They didn't really want to go and I knew I could really use the time to get caught up on housework. I let them have about 3 hours to themselves this afternoon, which in turn, was time for myself. :) I love how this works! They played great together for the longest time and Christian napped, so it was very peaceful.

I also knew that if I went to PE class, Christian would either get a late nap or no nap at all. Tomorrow afternoon, we have Megan's class at the homeschool learning center in the afternoon, so he will just sleep in the car. Last week, when he missed two naps, he was a grouchy bear by Thursday. I am willing to stay home, just so I can have a happy kid!

He was so funny today, he saw a picture of Bob Kerrey on television and said, "Dada!!" Once I got looking, I can kind of see how Christian could see this resemblence. Matt and Bob Kerrey both have a long slender faces and a receeding hair line, they do look similiar!

We are getting out tomorrow! Preschool in the morning, class for Megan in the afternoon, and AWANA tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment