Saturday, February 18, 2012

Things I've learned this week during school...

I am just amazed at how much I am learning along with Megan as we travel through our homeschool curriculum this year.

I am a history major, but still I didn't know...

1. Marco Polo travelled to China and stayed there for 20 years. He was the man who inspired men to start travelling and discovering other parts of the world.

2. Gothic Cathedrals- I could tell you about 10 characteristics of them- even Megan could!

3. Magna Carta-Now we all know that this was an historical document, but do you really know why? Because the king of England was being too powerful and it was a contract between him and his people that said he would honor their rights and not be so powerful. He was forced to sign it! It was the first "constitution". Interesting..

4. The Christian Crusades of the 1200's....and we are still fighting over Jerusalem to this day!

I could go on, but I won't....I really enjoy teaching Megan! And Courtney!

No comments:

Post a Comment