Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sneaky Courtney

Today I caught Courtney deliberately disobeying me. Usually I would think this is funny, but today it made me kind of mad. :)

It was about 2:30 and for the 50th time, Courtney was asking me for a snack. She does this often and I think it's for attention because I am usually working with Megan at the kitchen table. Snack time is at 3:00 pm everyday, not before. I had to set down this rule with Megan because she would ask me all the time too.

Today I kind of snapped at her and said, "Courtney, if you ask me one more time, you are not going to have a snack until 3:05!"

Next thing I know, I saw her run the opposite way out of the kitchen. I thought I had made her mad and she was going upstairs to pout, so I let her be.

I had a gut feeling that something wasn't right, so I went upstairs to find her. Well, I looked in my bedroom and I saw the bathroom door shut. This is never shut, so I opened it. I looked in my bathroom and saw that the door to the "toilet room" was shut. This is never shut either, so I opened that too. Here stands Courtney, in this room, with a bunch of snacks in her hand!!! She had snuck them out of the kitchen and was going to eat them upstairs.

I said, "Courtney Grace, you get to the steps right now! You deliberately disobeyed me!" (The steps are "time out") She spent 5 minutes there and she apologized, so we were fine again.

Now,I know she is sneaky like this. She sneaks candy or snacks upstairs or sneaks things downstairs to dad (I have caught her before), but I was mad because right before this, I had told her no snacks until 3 pm.

Sneaky Courtney!!

No comments:

Post a Comment