Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sick Day..for mom:(

This morning, about 1:30 am, I woke up and felt like I had to puke! My stomach hurt so bad. At 4:30 Christian woke up to eat and when I stood up, I felt like I was going to fall over. I woke Matt up and asked him he would go get him. Matt brought him to me, I fed him, and then Matt put him back to bed. I couldn't move.

At 5:30, Matt was up. At 6:30, I heard Christian crying again (this is his normal routine). I stand up and I must've felt ok because I went and got him. Since Matt was in the shower, I know it would be awhile if I waited for him.

I fed Christian at 7 and in the meantime, I talked to Matt about what our plan was for the day. I still felt terrible so obviously I couldn't take care of the children. Matt had a work event this morning, but he said if I got Megan out of bed and started, he would come home around 8 and get her off to school.

While Megan is on her way into my room at 7:30, Christian pukes in my bed! All that good milk, so obviously, I wasn't the only one sick. I left the blankets (because I had no energy) and got Christian's clothes changed. I got Megan downstairs and got her breakfast. It is about 8 by now and her bus comes at 8:25!

Matt got home about 8:10 and we kept getting Megan ready. I sat down in the chair and let Matt take over. We saw the bus drive by at 8:25 and Megan was still getting her shoes on. Matt just put her in the car and took her to school.

Matt had originally planned not to go downtown to work today, but instead to go to Microsoft event at Sogeti- this is what he had to get started at 7:30. I asked him if there was any way he could stay home and he didn't even blink an eye. I think he knew I was in bad shape!

For the entire morning, I didn't get out of the recliner. My stomach hurt and I was a little cold and dizzy. Luckily, I was able to take care of Christian and Courtney (who didn't get up until 9:45!)

Around lunch time, Matt got him and Courtney lunch and I continued to hang out in the chair. I was getting tired of watching TV already, but there really wasn't anything else I could do! Around 1, Matt decided to go to his office to work, so Courtney and I watched "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs." Then I turned the TV off!

Eventually Megan got home and we hung out as a family tonight. There would be times when I felt better, but other times when I felt worse. The girls and I did some puzzles and played some games instead of watchint TV.

As for supper, you know mom isn't feeling good when the rest of the family has a Tombstone pizza and eat it on TV trays in the living room while watching "The Biggest Loser"!

Eventually I got Christian to bed and Matt got the girls bathed. Ahhh. The day is almost over and I didn't do anything! Matt did quite a bit though, he took care of the girls and washed all the blankets/ sheets on our bed from when Christian threw up. He also did the dishes! What a great guy!

Hopefully I can snap out of this overnight and have a more productive day tomorrow! I see the endocronologist at 3, so I need to feel better!

PS Since I was feeing sick, I never did go vote! Matt did though!

No comments:

Post a Comment