Saturday, November 13, 2010

Birthday Party/ Mishaps from Friday

I stayed busy this week with my root canal and getting ready for Megan's party. I swear it takes me a week to clean my house because I spend half my day caring for Christian. Courtney and I didn't do anything wyith our friends on Thursday or Friday, we stayed home in the morning, got things for Megan's party in the afternoon, and spent time with the family at night. (AKA, finished the dining room).

Yesterday afternoon had to return about 30 books we had here to the library, I don't think the girls ready half of them. I'm not checking anymore books out for awhile.

Then we were off to Walmart for groceries. This actually goes really well lately with Christian. Since he can hold his head up now, I just prop him up in the seat with blankets, buckle him in, and off we go. Of course, I take the sanitize wipes and clean the cart off thoroughly!

Anyway, Courtney wanted to ride in the back of the cart too, so that was nice. I didn't have to constantly say, "Come on!" Unfortunately, by the time we were done, she was buried in groceries, but she didn't want to get out!

I have a love-hate relationship with Walmart. I love it because I can take ads from other stores and get items at those prices, I hate it because I am forced to go there because it's cheap.

Milk is something I always look for in the ads and for about every week for the last two months, it's been on sale somewhere. Yesterday, it was a half gallon for $1. Wonderful! While I'm there, I picked up 6 half gallons of milk (3 gallons). This usually lasts us a little under two week. For some reason though yesterday, I didn't look at the expiration dates. I just assumed it would be good for about 2 weeks like it usually is. I just grabbed 6 half gallons and put them in the cart. Little did I know, four of the six half gallons expire in 4 days!! Do I take them back and get new ones? Do I freeze them? What do I do with 2 gallons of milk in four days? I was kind of mad at myself when I realized this!!

Last night we had Megan's friend birthday party. All went well! I told Megan she could invite six friends, so she did and five we able to make it. It was much easier to control seven little girls (ours included) than 15 last year! I just did not feel like having a big party this year!

Megan wanted chili to eat, so I made that for her. Two of the girls didn't like chili, so we made them peanut butter and jelly. (I felt responsible for feeding them.) After they had half eaten their sandwich, they declared themslves done. I wasn't surprised because I've seen these two eat at school. About two minutes later, they tell me, "We ate at home. We had soup and chicken nuggets." What? You could've told me that before I made you sandwiches!

Then we decorated some mugs for hot chocolate and played a game of pictionary with the easel. It was pretty fun. I had just come up with some simple nouns for them to draw, but we were getting answers like palatypus and toaster. The girls were getting a little crazy towards the end of the game- I think it took longer than their 20 minute attention span.

We then opened presents and had cupcakes and ice cream for dessert. I went to put seven candles on Megan's cupcake and Matt said, "You're really going to do that?" "Yes I am". I will post a picture of her little cupcake with seven lit candles!

Then I just let them play the last 15 minutes until the moms came. It was a much simpler party and it was nice having Megan's friends over and seeing how they all interact. (Of course when the moms came, they were all covered in snow because we were getting our first snow fall of the season!)

Christian though, being his usual self, was kind of a pill during the party. He should've went down for a nap at 5:30, but that was a half an hour before the party started and I had a lot to do yet, so I just put him in my front pack and carried him around. He never did get a nap, I fed him at 6:30 while the girls were decorating their mugs and he was sooo tired, but I didn't lay him down, I just went back to the party. Well Matt ended up holding him all night and by 8:15 he was in major meltdown mode, so off to bed we went!! We let the girls stay up until about 9:45, I told them "Mommy needs to go to bed, so you do too!"

We have our family party on Sunday, so hopefully the house will stay clean and I can get everything ready today. Then birthday week will be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment