Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sick day for Megan, Courtney, and Matt

Now that the nasty virus has attacked all 5 of us, I think it can go away and never return!

This is how we ended the day:

Christian- whiny all morning and constantly wanting to be held, he still has some nasty diapers, so after he went about noon, we had a happy baby the rest of the day!

Courtney- woke up great, playing, laughing, having a great time. Around 3, we sat down to watch a movie and by 3:30, she was asleep in my lap. Poor thing didn't wake up until 7:30!! I hope she sleeps tonight!

Megan- Woke up dizzy and couldn't function very well. Matt carried her downstairs and she laid on the couch almost all day. She slept from 12-2. About 3, Matt went out and got some children's ibuprofren because she was running a 102 fever and looked awful! (why don't I have any ibuprofen in the house??) We gave it to her and within an hour, we had our old Megan back! She got off the couch and was ready to face the world. Megan and I sat in the kitchen and colored and talked for a couple of hours while Courtney slept. I feel fortunate that I got one-on-one time with her, that doesn't happen very often.

Charla- I was fine all day, trying to hold down the fort!

Matt- Well, it eventually hit Matt today. He didn't throw up, but I think his stomach hurt pretty bad. He had quite a bit of pepto-bismol today. Towards the end of the afternoon, he came down with an occular migraine, so in addition to his stomach, now he now had a headache.

So, Megan is in bed and hopefully will be ready to go back to school tomorrow.

We'll see if Matt goes back to work.

Courtney, Christian, and I have MOPS in the morning that I would really like to attend. (Heck, I stood in the kitchen today making 6 packages of mini muffins for MOPS tomorrow, I even loaded all three kids up at 7:30 pm tonight to take them to church because I knew I wouldn't get there early enough tomorrow).

Tomorrow I also need to finish the laundry and continue to get things back to normal around here!

Things I've learned from this whole ordeal:
1. You need at least one functioning parent to take care of everybody while everybody else is sick.
2. Always keep gatorade and children's medicine in the house- we had to make trips to Baker's today to get these items.
3. Train children early to run to the bathroom to puke.
4. Thank heavens for water-proof mattress pads-we would've had to buy Megan a new mattress after last night!
5. The more people you have in the family, the more it's going to spread.
6. Have plenty of new toothbrushes available so you can throw the old ones out. (Like the one Megan used right before she threw up last night!)
7. Have lots of baskets for dirty laundry! Yikes, I don't even want to know how much laundry we did this week!
8. Know how to get puke off of walls, blankets, stuffed animals, carpets, linoleum, side railings for beds, and pillows
9. Oxi-clean is my friend
10. Be ready to apologize to whoever you spread it to and didn't realize it. yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment