Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Long night. :(

Last night, Christian was up for 3 hours. Yes, 3 hours.

I tried to put him to bed as late as I could, so around 10 pm, I fed him and put him into bed at 10:15. I told him, "I don't want to see you until at least 6 am, ok Christian?"

Haha, 12:45 I hear him crying. So I go in there and put his pacifier back in and he doesn't calm down, so I go back to bed and every 10 minutes for the next hour, I am back in his room trying to get him back to sleep, but I don't pick him up.

About 1:45, I realize that he can't suck on his pacifier or even breath because he has a cold, so I decided to put him in his bouncy seat. That didn't work- he just screamed louder! I stayed in there for awhile and ended up laying on the floor and just having my hand on him to know that I was there. Eventually he calmed down, stopped crying, and closed his eyes...is he sleeping??

Shortly after that, Matt comes in and says, "Do you want any help?" and sneezes! Christian wakes up and screams and I am in tears, mostly mad because I had been doing this for an hour, he was asleep, and it was all ruined!!

Matt got the humidifier out of the closet and hooked that up, so that was all very distracting to Christian, but I know it will help him. Matt then brings up the fact that he has a sure-fire way of getting him back to sleep. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I said, "What is your idea?" Mind you, it's about 2:30 am and I have been doing this for almost 2 hours now.

He said, "I'll go get the TV and he can watch it." I said, "Go get it." He did and I went back to bed, I needed some sleep. He got it all hooked up, turned it on, and got Christian settled down. Pretty soon Matt comes back to bed and all is well.

I asked him awhile later, "Did you put the bar up on his bouncy seat?"(this reclines it a little bit more and I like it up while he is sleeping or his head falls forward.) He said, "No," so I went in there and put the bar up. That was not a good idea! He sees me and starts to cry all over again!

Now it is about 3 and I say,"Sorry kid, you're going to have to cry it out!" I went back to bed and about 3:30, he finally stopped crying. The TV had shut off and he was finally out. I went in at 3:40 to make sure he was out and all I heard was him breathing with his stuffed up nose.

Finally bed!

He's been taking good naps today, so hopefully he will catch up on his sleep and he will let Matt and I sleep the ENTIRE night tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment