Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Logical Friday!

Today is logical Friday because it is the end of the work week for everyone.
No work tomorrow, no school, nothing, except the start of the thanksgiving parties around here!

Actually, yesterday was logical Friday for Matt. He took today off of work to work on the plumbing in the basement, which lasted for about 1/2 a day. Instead, he decided to do something fun with Courtney. They went and saw "Tangled", the new Rapunzel movie. It was rated PG, which is usually a bad sign for our girls, but Matt said it was very good. He got by lucky too, I found a $25 AMC giftcard in my wallet, so him and Courtney blew the entire thing! Oh, he did have to pay $1.50 for popcorn and pop....on top of the $25!! Those movie theatres know how to get you!!

In the mean time, I went and picked Megan up from school and headed to Wal-Mart to get groceries. What a zoo! And of course, Megan hasn't been grocery shopping in a long time and wants to push the cart, so she is constantly in the way, heading towards people, etc. It was not a fun time for me! Christian was fussy, but there wasn't much I could do. I eventually took over the cart-pushing duties and Megan rode on the front. We eventually buried Christian in groceries, so he was stuck. Once I gave him pacifier, he quieted down and went along for the ride.
After spending $150 there, we headed over to Old Navy. My mom had bought her a pair of jeans for her birthday, but they didn't have enough elastic on one side to make them as tight as the other side. Very wierd! So, I was hoping to do an even exchange at Old Navy and be done. But no, they don't do even exchanges. They said they would refund me money, but they would have to send me a check in a week or so. I said, ok, fine. But knowing we were going to get money in the mail, I decided to take Megan back to her section and thought maybe we could find jeans that fit her, we would buy them, and be done. Again, didn't work out the way I planned.

We tried on 7 regular- not enough elastic (again), too big, we tried 7 slim- too tight!, we tried 8 regular and again, too big around her waste. They had enough elastic, but they were still too big. Crazy!
Actually we were in the dressing room so long, the employee came knocking on our door to see if we were doing ok! In the end, Megan ended up with a really pretty white sweater and a long sleeve t-shirt. She was happy. I really wish we could've found jeans, but now I know not to go there for jeans again, until she grows a little in the waist!

Now we're home, groceries are put away, Megan is modeling her new clothes and Christian is ready to go down for a nap.

Let the holidays begin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes the great Old Navy fiasco. I ordered some shirts online which turned out not to match the pants I had in mind. I went to exchange them and they wanted to charge me regular price on the new shirt. I threw a fit and walked away with paying nothing extra after a manager came over. I realized that one of Raeanne's pair is the same way (I bought two pairs). It's too late to take them back since it's been washed. Oh well they still fit her.

    ReplyDelete