Monday, November 22, 2010

Another sleep story...

Christian and sleep do not go together. I have known this for quite awhile now, but today has been very interesting.

Here is how this morning went:
4:30 Christian crying
4:35 I go in, put pacifier in his mouth, and settle him down
4:50 back to bed.

5:05 Christian awake again
I decide I am not going to listen to him cry for an hour until six, so I break down and feed him. For 20 minutes.

I was hoping to nurse him back to sleep, put him down, and not see him for another three hours.
Wrong! Christian decides to poop while nursing, of course, right?
So even though he is sound asleep, I need to change his diaper, and when this happens, he wakes up. And he is wide awake, now it is 5:30 am

I decide I'm not going to try to get him back to sleep, he doesn't even look tired.
I put him in his bouncy seat (where he has been sleeping because he has a cold), give him his pacifier, and let him be. I leave the hall light on.

I go back to bed.

5:45 I don't hear anything, so I go check on him. He is still sitting there, wide-eyed, sucking on his pacifier. I determine that he is still fine and go back to bed.

6:00 Still don't hear anything and thing maybe he has gone back to sleep by now, so I go check. Nope, still sitting there wide awake, so I go back to bed again.

6:05 Christian starts to cry. I let him cry it out for about 15 minutes.There is really nothing I can do and I don't want to leave my bed again.

6:20 I don't want to listen to him anymore, so I take him downstairs to Matt (this is what usually happens). Matt was in the living room watching the news and eating breakfast. I put Christian in a bouncy seat and put him in front of the TV. Good plan, right?

Go back to bed, again.

6:45 Matt comes up and says Christian is sound asleep in front of the TV and he doesn't think we should move him. I tell him to bring him upstairs and put him in his room. He should stay sleeping. Matt goes to work.

7:05 Christian is awake! AHHH, so I go get him and put him into bed with me! He falls back asleep almost instantly.

7:30 I get up with Megan and get her out the door at 8:25

I come back inside from taking her to the bus and Christian is awake. It is ok though, it's been 3 1/2 hours and he needs to eat and we need to get to the mall.

We go to the mall, have fun, come home at lunch time. Christian eats and takes a short nap. Great! About 2:15, he starts getting fussy, so I get his pacifier and off to bed we go.

2:20 Christian is in bed sleeping

It is now 4:57 and Christian is still in bed sleeping. Of course, he has been up every half an hour, but I've always managed to get him back to sleep.

Apparently somebody is tired today, I hope he wakes up soon because he hasn't ate since 12:30 and I have to give piano lessons at 5:30. I hate to wake him up, but I might have to.

Can we have a 3 hour afternoon nap everyday??

No comments:

Post a Comment