Thursday, November 18, 2010

Little Sleep Required

Christian was awake at 5:30 am, I just put him down at 9:30 pm.

Naps: 15 minutes at 9 am
30 minutes at 11:15
60 minutes at 2:45!!! (I never get an hour nap out of him!!)
no nap at 6:45

Really? You were awake from 5:30 am to 9:30 pm with probably less than two hours worth of naps. Do you really need that little of sleep? I need more than that! (Hence, I let you cry this morning at 5:30 because I was soooo tired and you wouldn't go back to sleep. Wait, you never did go back to sleep!)

My new theory: the later I put him to bed at night, the later he will sleep in in the morning.

When I used to put him to bed at 7:30-8, we were getting a wake up call at 4.
Lately, I've been waited til 8:30-9 to put him to bed and we're making it until 5:30 or so.

I am refusing to feed him in the middle of the night, so we're trying this out.

Again, I don't know what is worse. 1. Putting him to bed earlier and then getting up at 4 and battling him for an hour to get back to sleep only to see him at 6:30 again. 2. Staying up later with him at night and seeing him at 6-6:30, but then he is up for the day.

I think he can only make it 8 hours at night.

Why can't he sleep in like the girls?? Why is he such an early bird?? I'm so thankful that Matt takes him in the morning while he is getting ready so I can continue to sleep! Then when he is ready to leave, it's time for me to get up anyway and he hands Christian back to me. Kind of works out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment