Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sick day #3

We are not doing so well at our house this week. We took another sick day today. What are you supposed to do when the teacher (me!) has a sore throat, coughing all the time, and can't talk for very long?? You cancel school.  If I was a real teacher, I would have to call in for a substitute each day, but I can't do that here at home. The kids just get out of school.

Courtney woke up this morning with a really bad sore throat. I gave her some Advil and sent her off to take a nice hot shower. She came back downstairs with a smile on her face and that seemed to do the trick!

While Courtney was in the shower, Megan came downstairs for the day. She looked as pale as a ghost, and I could see dark circles under her eyes! I knew she wasn't up all night and asked her how she felt. Her answer was awful! She said that her throat hurt and she didn't have any energy.  She settled into the recliner and waited for breakfast to be done.

Once the corn muffins were done (what she has been begging me to make for about a week), she came into the kitchen, but just picked at her food. Pretty soon, she and Christian got into a little tiff, and she was crying. Obviously she didn't feel good. At this point, she told me she just wanted to go back to bed. I told her to go!! Please!! If you don't feel good, go back to bed!!!

After about an hour, she got back up and looked a little better. She was still not 100% throughout the day and ended up missing her Valentine's Day party. (Thanks grandma for coming in to stay with her while I took the other three!)  None of us are completely 100%, but some are better than others.

She was supposed to go out and serve tomorrow with a homeschooling group here in town, but we cancelled. They do a lot of serving with elderly people, and we didn't want to get them sick.

I also have a dentist appointment tomorrow to get a cavity filled. I didn't change it today, but maybe I should have. I have changed it about four times now either due to the weather or sickness. I just don't want to have to cough while they are drilling in my teeth. I guess I will see how everybody is in the morning. They have to cancel my appointment if somebody is sick, right??

I also saw that the weather is supposed to be 60 degrees tomorrow and sunny. I think we are going to open all the windows and air this place out!!!

Can I just call this week a wash and start over next Monday???

No comments:

Post a Comment