Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I spoke too soon!

I woke up at 3:30 this morning to somebody shutting the bathroom door in the hallway. Usually if any kid is up in the middle of the night, it is usually Megan. I kept listening and listening, but didn't hear anybody come out for awhile. I decided to get up and see what was going on. I also thought it could be Christian. He fell asleep in front of the TV with his clothes on last night. He was pretty warm again. Matt just put him in bed, clothes and all! I didn't know if he had to get up to go potty.

I went to do some investigating and found that Courtney was the one that was missing from her bed! I slightly knocked on the bathroom door and she peeked her head out. I asked her what was going on and she replied, "I feel like throwing up!" Oh no!!! She had her bucket in her hand.

I asked her if she felt like going back to bed and she decided that she would be ok, as long as she had her bucket. I went back to bed and let it be. I figured she would wake me up if she threw up.

Fast forward to 6 am. Matt woke me up to tell me he was leaving and said, "By the way, Courtney is in her bed crying. She feels like throwing up." I told him I already knew. Back to sleep I went.

Around 7:15 am, I heard Micah wake up and start to cry. I pulled myself out of bed and went and got him. Courtney was downstairs watching a movie and did not look good! As I was sitting there nursing Micah, I heard Courtney say, "Here it comes!" and she started to puke into her bucket! She got into the bathroom and finished there.  I couldn't help her because I was feeding Micah! Everybody else was still asleep.

She cleaned up the mess and came back to the chair in the living room. She has been hanging out there every since. She says she fills miserable!! She also has diarrhea and a very sore throat! This virus got her good!!!

As for my other kid who went to sleep early last night, he is up and acting 100% normal today. This is how Courtney acted yesterday, so he definitely may not be done yet!

Megan is very well and I am well too. Our fevers are both gone, but now we are coughing and losing our voice. Maybe someday we will feel 100%!

No comments:

Post a Comment