Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Flu coming to an end??

We had another sick day today for my two "C" children. (Megan got a math lesson in. :) Christian had another 103.1 fever this morning and Courtney's was around 101. This was Courtney's third day of a fever and Christian's second. I gave them both Advil and within a couple of hours, they were back to their normal self.

By about 4 or 5 pm, I was expecting the Advil to wear off and the kids to collapse on the couch again like they did last night.  Courtney did not collapse with a fever though! Unfortunately, Christian did.

Does this mean that Courtney is healing?? One less kid sick?? Could it be we are getting close to the end??

I took Micah to his 15 month checkup today and had our doctor check everybody out. She said everybody's lungs were clear, and it just looked like the flu. She said we could test it to just to make sure, but I didn't do it because it didn't matter in the end. Our doctor said strep and pneumonia have been going around too, so if things got worse with my kids, I was supposed to get them back in.  She also thought Micah only had a slight case of the flu, thanks to my good antibodies!! Yay for breastfeeding!!

Micah did not gain much weight from last time, but our doctor said he is fine. I looked in his baby book and it said he was 20 lbs. 9 oz at 9 months and today he was 21 lbs. 13 oz. (15 months.) He has only gained a little over a pound in six months. She said babies tend to level off at this age because they are so active. He was 31 1/2 inches long. This means he has grown 10 inches since birth! Other than that, everything checked out great! We also didn't do any shots today because he is already fighting the flu. We will do some at 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment