Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Another sick day!

I am about tired of "sick days" around here. We had a couple last week and another one today.

Micah woke up at 4:30 am, and I had a 100.3 temp and had zero energy, so Matt went and got him. He played with him for about an hour before he had to start getting ready for work. Before he got in the shower, he asked me if he needed to call into work and stay home. I think he could tell I wasn't feeling well! I took Micah at this point and nursed him. Matt took a shower and decided that instead of staying home from work, he would wake the girls up at 6 am and have them take care of Micah! I didn't have any energy to argue, so he woke them up early. (I guess he bribed them with money to get up too.)

I heard them get up and entertain Micah while Matt finished getting ready for work.  After he was gone awhile, Megan came upstairs and asked me about making waffles. I determined at this point that I was feeling a little better and that I should probably go downstairs and supervise, at least a little bit. This was about 8:30 am. They had been on their own for about three hours and they had Micah dressed, fed, and everything was running smoothly!

About the same time that I got up, Courtney informed me that her stomach hurt. Oh no! Not again!! Both of us were down now! We camped out in the living for awhile and watched a movie.  I took some Advil, so I was feeling better.

We continued to lay low during the afternoon. Courtney spent some time up in her bed watching a movie and Megan and I made some apple turnovers. She was bored, so she wanted to cook something new. :) I was feeling a lot better too, so I helped!

By about 4-5 pm, my Advil was wearing off and I could feel my fever coming back. I took some more Advil and put myself back in the recliner for the next couple of hours. Again, Courtney was back on the couch.

Matt came home around 5.  Since I wasn't doing well, he and Megan decided they were going to make chili for supper. They ended up making a trip to Baker's to get supplies for chili. We are VERY low on groceries around here! We finally ate dinner around 7:15 pm! That is exactly what I needed because after I ate dinner, I felt a ton better! I ended up giving Micah a bath and got him in bed. Matt got the older kids to bed too. Hopefully we will all get a good night's sleep tonight and we will all be well tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment