Friday, February 3, 2017

Braces and a Lock-In

This week did not go how I had planned. Monday and Tuesday went well, but once Wednesday hit, we were all sick again! Courtney started it this time by throwing up Wednesday morning around 7:30.  She had been awake since 2 am with an upset stomach. After this, Megan and I got sick. Micah had a virus too. He threw up about three times that day. I am still debating whether he was really "sick" or just gagging on his mucus from his runny nose! Needless to say, Christian was the only one who got to begin his class at the homeschool learning center on Wednesday afternoon

We all woke up Thursday and were still not quite 100%. We were supposed to have PE at 2 pm and I was hoping to make it. I debated all morning and by noon, we were all doing well enough I thought we could try. Wrong again! I fed everybody a late lunch and right as we were ready to load into the car, Megan told me her stomach hurt again. I had no choice but to stay home. I had a little 10 year old in tears because she wasn't going to be seeing her friends. It was pitiful! I wanted to see my friends too, but what do you do???

We HAD to be better by Friday. At 10:30 this morning, we had an appointment to get Megan's braces on. She did wonderful and looks great with them! She was sooo excited to get them. We ended up getting ceramic with nickel titanium wires. She said, "Wow, are my teeth really that crooked?" YES! They are!!!

I also had a consultation with the same orthodontist today and he recommended a full set of braces for myself.  Like the other orthodontist that I have seen, he said I was a "surgical case." I said I know, but did not want to pursue surgery. (Would you??) He went through my many problems with my jaw and teeth and said he could fix things about 75-80% with braces. All the other orthodontist I have seen have all recommended invisalign. He said that he is not a big fan of invisalign and has found he can do everything with braces just as well as with invisalign.  Everybody there said we have great insurance and nobody gets braces for as cheap as we are getting them! That made me feel good. The estimates for mine (and Megan's) are the cheapest that I have seen them! What am I waiting for?

On top of getting her braces today, Megan also had a lock in at church tonight with her youth group. If I was smart and on top of things, I would have scheduled her braces for another day. She said her mouth was pretty sore before she left tonight and she was having a hard time eating dinner. I sent some soft crackers with her, and there will be food there, so hopefully she will be fine. They were also taking the kids to a trampoline place and bowling from 11:30-2 am.   We have to be at the church at 7 am tomorrow morning to pick her up. I hope she can get a little bit of sleep tonight because we have a busy day tomorrow of basketball games for Courtney and Christian. I can't wait to hear how it goes!! She took one of her good friends with her, so she should have a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment