Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Baskets

Some things are more challenging than others around here. One of those is going shopping for things for your kids! Especially when you homeschool and always have four children with you!

Case in point was those Easter baskets that we traditionally set out every year.  On the way to our Easter family party yesterday, I looked at Matt and said, "What are we going to do about the Easter baskets? I haven't had time to get anything." answer. I threw around some ideas of giving them coupons to get out of their chores or even gift certificate for a supper at Valentines (All made on the computer of course!) We talked about these and then kind of let it be.

After we got home from our Easter celebration yesterday, I whispered to Matt again while we were both standing in the kitchen , "What are we going to do about the Easter baskets??" You could tell he was thinking and since Courtney as in the room, I said back quietly, "I have an idea" and then I dropped the conversation. Courtney heard this question to Matt and said," Why don't you just put money in the eggs like you did last year??" Gee, thanks Courtney! Honestly, that was my idea!

After we had the kids in bed last night and it was 10 pm, I went down to Matt's office to talk to him about what we should do. He said, "Let's just forget about putting things in their Easter baskets and just give them some money. We haven't had a lot of time this year because of Micah" I kind of looked at him funny.  I know that Courtney and Megan have it figured out, but I don't think Christian does.  I didn't want to disappoint anyone, plus it is kind of fun. I responded, "Let's just take some eggs and put some money in the and be done. Can you help me do that?" So at 10:15 last night, Matt and I sat at the kitchen counter and we stuffed eggs with candy! The kids had gone to the basement earlier to get their baskets, so they were set out already.

After we were done, I just put the baskets by the front door (legos were covering the fire place) and called it good! We were not so creative this year!! But our children will be $5 richer!



No comments:

Post a Comment