Thursday, March 3, 2016

Blood Results

I wonder how many times in my life I have had my blood drawn...just a random thought for tonight!

Last week, I went in and saw my chiropractor because I was having some health issues again. I was waking up stiff in the morning, my joints were swollen, I had lack of energy, I was short of patience, and I could even tell my gastroparesis was returning.  I have always had trouble with my thyroid after pregnancies, so I wanted to get this checked and see where I was. I also wanted to get checked for rheumatoid arthritis because I know RA can cause stiff and swollen joints. It also runs in my family pretty strongly, so it is a good possibility I can inherit it.

I got my blood results back today and I do not rheumatoid arthritis! I was pretty happy!

On the thyroid side of things, I was low on one of my tests. I was not below the norm, but I was the bottom of the norm, which explains all my symptoms. My doctor recommended a thyroid supplement to get it back up before it got too low..  Thyroid affects milk production and with my hungry kid, I can't afford to lose my milk! (Like I did with Courtney and Christian!)

So now I will be taking some thyroid supplements along with some adrenal supplements for awhile.

I am glad that I am in tune with my body and can tell when things aren't right!

No comments:

Post a Comment